I preordered a Crystal Blue shell for my Sega Saturn back in November and received it last weekend. It’s a great match for the Crystal Blue Sega Dreamcast shell I picked up last summer. This particular Sega Saturn is one I picked up recently (it even came in a Funcoland box) and has a few mods in addition to the replacement shell:
- Terraonion MODE – an optical drive emulator that has the distinction of working with all models of both Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast. Most recently PSX support was added recently as well.
- Terraonion MODE Expansion Harness – the MODE has optional advanced features which requiring soldering. I’m using this harness to run a wire from the Saturn’s reset switch to the MODE which allows resets to boot back into the MODE’s menu rather than just restarting the game that’s playing.
- Male to Female SATA and Power Combo Extension Cable – I use to this connect my SSD to the MODE. This allows the SSD to rest in the CD compartment and allows the SSD to be removed without taking apart the Saturn.
- ReSaturn PSU – a power supply replacement that uses 12V power adapters; there is also a version for Dreamcast. I use an adapter from Seasonic to power both my Saturn and Dreamcast.
- Retro-Bit Sega Saturn Bluetooth Receiver – I use these with the Retro-Bit Sega Saturn Bluetooth controllers.